Because I'm a mean mom, our kids only get a birthday party when they turn 5, 8 and 12. So this year was Julia's year. She wanted to have a swimming party, and mermaids are a big hit lately (she likes the Nick show H2O in addition to the Little Mermaid). So, we invited all her little girl friends (no boys at the mermaid party!) She was so excited! Unfortunately, lots of people were on vacation or just didn't show up, so she ended up with only 2 friends to swim. How sad for Julia. She actually had a great time until it was all over, and then she realized that no one else was coming. She cried and didn't understand why they didn't come. So, I think we'll have to have a "make-up" party and have a few of them over to swim when more of them are around. I'm also happy to say that she was in a much better mood for the party day than she was on her actual birthday!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment