Wednesday, August 06, 2008

First Day of School


Today was the first day of freedom, oops, I mean school. Everyone was super excited to go (especially me). I even got up and made the little darlings pancakes for breakfast. Then I made them lunches with special mommy love in them (cookies), then I shoved them out the door. No really, I walked them to school even! Halfway there, the three oldest left me in the dust. At least Julia wanted to stick with me. I dropped her off with her super nice teacher and then I danced all the way home. Seriously, I don't get how some moms cry on the first day of school. I think it's great! I'm sure they will all have a wonderful time figuring out that their teachers are way cooler than me, and then they'll come home and tell me all about it. I thought about making them some nifty after school treats, but I think I'll go grab a Diet Coke and watch a chick flick instead (I really should clean or something, but I tweaked my arm and shoulder and it really hurts, so I have to take it easy today, nurse's orders. Okay, I'm the nurse, but still...). Here's to a great first day of freedom! Yippee!

5 comments:

Adrian said...

How excited for you. I really pictured you dancing home!! Enjoy it...all of them in school!! Yippee!!

Heidi said...

Wa Hoo..I'm right there with you sister! Today was a day of blessed silence for the first time since school got out! It's great we should go celebraet! Lets do lunch! Love Heidi

Mike and Marianne said...

I can't imagine having 4 kids all go to the same school. Next year I'll have 3 in 3 schools. Yikes!

I'm a part time crier (school is a love/hate thing for me). I still think kids should go back to school in September.

Yvette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvette said...

Oh Carri I have to agree. So nice to have peace and quiet around the house. I dont think I got dressed until 2:30pm yesterday. Even though I still have two at home. They are ones I can still make decisions for or I'll just say it CONTROL! Anyhow, hope you had a good day watching your movie. I'm sure Diet Coke was just what the nurse ordered. It would've been for me