Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Peace and Quiet

Ahhh, the peace and quiet of any empty house! Don't get me wrong, we had a GREAT time having so much family here for the holiday. But it was pure bliss to send the kids to school yesterday and have the house completely empty except for me!

Turkey Day was great. Dinner was so yummy. And it was super nice to have four extra "mom" hands helping prepare it. Actually, I was probably one of the helpers, I think Grandma was the head chef. We ate a lot and played a lot. One of the best things about living in Arizona is that we get to play outside a lot this time of year. Most of us (Grandma refused to come) played kick ball, soccer and baseball. I even scored a run for my team! Go Ekbergs!


We had a bunch of little monkeys around who enjoyed climbing trees and making messes in the house.


Olivia and Audrey showed off some sweet home improvement skills by making a cupboard thing for Olivia's room. They only put it together wrong twice, buy Grandpa was a good sport and helped them get it just right in the end.


Sam and Joey were inseparable. I thought for sure Sam would be so sad when "his Joey" left, but he seems to be handling it okay.


The big boys played more Wii than should be allowed by law.


But I guess they got along pretty well, so no big deal. They also eat more than should be allowed by law! Lance made some AWESOME chocolate chip cookies. But I don't think they tasted very good!

Now, it's back to reality for me. I started a new job yesterday. I have decided that I need to make myself go to work each morning (in my sewing room), not answer my phone and not get on the computer. Otherwise, how will I ever get 70+ swimsuits made by the end of January? Here's what I made yesterday:

3 comments:

Allison Tran said...

This is the sister! We all had a FABULOUS time in Arizona, even though it did rain on us! I thought perhaps this time I might see more of Gilbert/Phoenix and the Mesa temple but, alas, we stayed at the house and played with the cousins (what's more important, anyway?)!!!! For anyone who doesn't already know it, my sister is a SUPERWOMAN and I'm so glad she's my sister! And Brandon was so awesome taking the boys hiking and playing with the kids. We had such a memorable Thanksgiving - thank you, Ekbergs (and Curt SHOULD be jealous!).

Allison Tran said...

Oh - the suit looks great! I love the sparkly!

Sister Sawyer said...

BEEUUUUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

I love them.

Hey did you see the rhino on my blog?