7:00: Before she even wakes up, she murmurs in her sleep "I don't want to go to school". Then she wakes up and says it consciously.
7:05: Refuses to get dressed.
7:10: Refuses to eat breakfast.
7:15: Ties herself to her bed in the hopes that she won't have to go to school.
7:20: Still refuses to get dressed. Is presented with the choice of going to school dressed, in PJ's or in whatever state of undress she is currently in.
7:25: Still refuses to eat breakfast. Tries to hide under a blanket.
7:30: May or may not be dressed. Shoes and socks are another matter.
7:35: Siblings start getting anxious to be gone. There is much commotion in the house (and yelling)
7:40: Is invariably driven to school because otherwise everyone would be late.
7:45: Won't get out of car.
7:50: Is dragged into the front office by her mother (in her PJ's, mom, that is) and taken to her class.
7:55: Skips happily into school and enjoys herself the whole rest of the day. She loves school!
Question: Who is in charge of our mornings? And how do I get that control back?
5 months ago


3 comments:
I still think tying herself to the bed is the most hysterical thing! Don't tell her - she doesn't need more ammunition!
I'm really selfishly glad that I'm not the only one that's showed up at school with my pjs on. Sorry I have a kid like that too.
Got to love those mornings before school at the fun age they are in. One day Jared woke up and told me "I don't have to go today." I said "Why?" He said "Because I already went!" Jare was my kid who didn't enjoy getting to school on time.
I hope it passes soon for you.
Post a Comment