My dear Olivia has been gone for two weeks now. Today was a tough one for her, and she called home in tears. Needless to say, it was super hard to not be able to fix it for her.
I cried.
She cried some more.
Now, I'm crying again. Stupid "leaking". (Had to be in YW on Sunday to get that one. Love you, Mary Ann!)
So, we talked about how Heavenly Father knows her, and can comfort her because I can't be there to give her a big hug. We talked about how exciting what she is doing is. We talked about what a mean mom I am (just ask Sam or Julia). We talked about practice. We talked about this weekend when I'll be there to hold her as long as she wants.
She promised to call me later, and then she went to say a prayer, dry her tears and eat dinner.
I went to my computer and sent her as many emails as I could think of.
She called later to report that Heavenly Father answered her prayers. She got a letter in the mail from a dear lady in the Ward. She had asked Heavenly Father to help her feel better, not as homesick. And then she went to dinner and got that letter. She said that she knew that she was loved, and that Heavenly Father would watch over her. I know that, too.
I miss having her sweet example here. She is the one who reads her scriptures without being reminded. The one who wants to go to church in a far away place, by herself, and then bears her testimony in front of a bunch of strangers. The one with the faith that when she asks, she will receive. She is such a good example to me. I miss her. I love her.
7 months ago


2 comments:
Poor Olivia! I can only imagine how she must feel being away from her family. She seems so mature for her age. I'm so impressed with her testimony of the gospel. What a beautiful girl! You have every reason to shamelessly brag
By the way awesome swimsuits in the pics below
I know it's so over, but how cool. And what a god kid. Carri, don't ever doubt that you ARE doing something right, and Heavenly Father trusted you enough to send you four absolutely amazing kids. And to send you to me!
Post a Comment