Wednesday, July 16, 2008

?Happy? Birthday

My baby turned five this morning. She was so sweet, calm and beautiful, and then she woke up. She has spent the day yelling, sassing, crying, getting into things she knows she's not supposed to, yelling, rearranging the living room (to make a new room for herself, right in the middle of the house), eating popsicles (when she's been told no more), yelling, making faces, yelling, raiding my purse, whining, yelling and some more yelling. I think I might be permanently deaf in one ear now. So, I guess it's happy birthday to Julia. I can't wait until next year.


6 comments:

Adrian said...

Happy Birthday!! Okay...if it makes you feel better...you better stop the mantra chant. The part I didn't blog about was approximately one hour after we made our crayons. I went to take a five minutes shower. Literally 5 minutes from shower to ready. Came back downstairs and all three boys had flooded the kitchen floor. They thought it would be fun to continually push the water on the fridge, as well as the ice cubes. There was 1/2 inch of water and ice allllll over my floor. I lost it. Spanked all 3, put them in time out. yelled for the next 20 minutes. There. Do you feel less inadequate now? I really should blog that so we all realize we are just doing our best as moms. right? Love ya!

Adrian said...

ps...love that first picture of julia. priceless look on her cute face.

Allison said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHyour weird, Julia, from Aaron.
OK, I laughed and giggled and chuckled for about a half hour after seeing those pictures and reading that! So glad to know I'm not the only one with turds for kids!!!!!! Love ya, Julia - you're a cutie!

Kaylee said...

So, want to go back to NY??? I can leave NOW! My kids are driving me insane...
Oh and Happy birthday Julia!!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday Julia!! She sure is a cutie even if she's sometimes ornery! I just keep thinking only 3 more weeks. Yeah! School!
I'm glad you found my blog. Seriously there's a couple of people in the ward that I've become better friends with because of this blog thing. I'm glad to know the going ons of your life. So much better than Hi and bye at church.
I think your house looks beautiful. Love the color you painted the kitchen. Also love the countertops, backsplash, and tile.
I'd like to see it in person someday. It's going to look so great when your done.

Carri said...

Yvette-
I love to show off the kitchen! Come by anytime. It should be all done next week. Yippee!