Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In Other News...

I've been super busy the last couple of weeks getting all the synchro suits, headpieces and glittering done. There was a big meet this last weekend, and I'm happy to report that I got everything finished in time (but I did pull a couple of LATE nighters in order to get it done). Final suit count this year (so far): 82

Olivia swam AWESOMELY! (Is that a word?). Her trio finished FIRST again (and by a much bigger margin), her duet improved to FOURTH place out of 19 duets (up from 8th place at the last meet). And her team improved from second to FIRST place this time!!!

In other news (because this isn't just about Olivia and synchro, right?), I took Brandon to the airport on Sunday morning for a weeklong trip to Germany. He is going to kick off something to do with Global Engineering Efficiency and because he is such an amazing man, he and his group were asked to start it off. I actually maybe know more about this, but I can't seem to make it all make sense in writing. Anyway, he will be missed a lot (but I am looking forward to having the bed to myself) I'm thinking I might make a big obnoxious sign and get balloons and stand in the airport and make a big scene next Monday. Sounds fun.

I had sick kids home all last week. I'm glad they are all back at school now. It's nice to have my days to myself once again.

This week, I am planning on doing a little cleaning and dejunking. And on that note, Olivia's team is having a rummage sale fundraiser on Saturday. If any of you are interesting in stopping by, it will be at Brimhall Jr. High on Saturday 2/28 from 7 am to noon.

I will also be getting ready for a Primary Activity Day on Friday afternoon. And maybe even seeing my parents, who might come to town for a funeral.

And I thought my life would be so boring when I was done sewing suits...

3 comments:

Adrian said...

82...holy cow. I too hope to do some cleaning and de-junking this week while randy is gone. AND...my fav. part is having the entire bed to myself. I bettter not get too used to it!!

azdcoach said...

Thanks for the late nights! Our girlies looked great! Especially Minnie! She was so darn cute and I didn't even get any pictures! You do an amazing job and we truly appreciate all your hard work! Thanks again!

Kaylee said...

we should have more of those late nights, but not for glittering, just eating! Have a good week to yourself.
ps if "awesomely" is not a word, it should be cause she did swim awesomely