Sunday, October 12, 2008

Murder at the Deadwood Saloon

We had such a great time in the Old West! Deadwood was definitely the place to be, except for maybe the guy who got murdered! (I won't spill the beans in case someone wants to do this party in the future). The night was filled with lots of great costumes, acting and food. It was a riot to see some of our usually reserved friends really step it up and get into character. Most memorable for me was Marianne as a bandit, Brenda and Emily as saloon girls, Dave as the Federal Marshall (with quite the accent) and Matt (a member of the Bishopric) as an outlaw. April definitely wasn't a stuffed shirt (but she did stuff other articles of clothing).The quickly disappearing and reappearing mustaches on most of the men were quite entertaining. Billy the Bartender (Mike) did a great job of serving us (root)beer and what we had on "tap" (water). The best line of the night goes to David, a businessman from the East, who apologized for being late because their "wagon caught on fire". (In real life, for those who don't know, their moving trailer caught on fire when they moved here about 2 months ago). Our dead guy took a while to stay dead: the poor Marshall had to keep moving the tape outline to accommodate the corpse who couldn't decide which position to lay in.We had it all: from the snooty saloon owners and the sheriff who likes to be bribed, to the spoiled rich daughter of the rich investors, to the Southern Belle with an awesome dress and a hat a mile wide. Gamblers and outlaws ruled the day and someone took justice into their own hands before the night was through, but in the end it was all in good fun and we had a rip-roarin' good time!

I have to say, doesn't Brandon look pretty good with that mustache?

6 comments:

Adrian said...

Are you kidding me? You guys know how to throw a party. I wish I lived closer...and you have so many friends. How great is that. I need to be more social. It looks like everyone had so much fun!! And, what great costumes. Did everyone bring their own, or how did that work? I'm so impressed!

Kristine said...

We had such a great time! What attention to detail! Thanks for hosting and to you and Annie for putting it all together!

Allison Tran said...

Love those cool signs, Boo!!! And the wig is AWESOME! I almost didn't recognize you! I'm so glad it worked good and that you had fun. Way to go, my social butterfly sister...

Mike and Marianne said...

Thanks for the party. It was the best!

I think Brandon should write the script for next year!

Gretchen Edwards said...

those pictures are GREAT!! I love the wanted poster you guys made!! We were so sad we missed it!

Anonymous said...

Nice mustache Brandon!!

And Carri i really like the swimsuits you made! They really look good on the girls!

- Cortney (tell Olivia i miss her SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!)